Monday 6 April 2009

A special start to Holy Week

I've just come from spending my last day in London, as I will be home in SA on the 9th. I went to the British Museum - WOW - amazing!!!!!!! The things I saw there were just awesome. A must see for all people. They have displays from various countries across the world - Egypt, Ethiopia, Japan, Korea, China, Mexico, Greece, Rome and you can go on and on ... absolutely amazing!! From here I went to St. Paul's Cathedral, just in time to celebrate Holy Communion. I've never really been one to give up something for Lent - for various personal reasons - but Holy Week has always been very special, very intense and very meaningful to me. During Holy Week I will usually fast something and bring my focus to the Cross. Although I did not feel a strong sense of worship or sincerity here, as I sat there in one of the most famous Cathedrals in the world in my heart it was a rather special and significant moment. It not only brought my focus strongly to the Cross and getting my mind focused for this week but also a time of repenting and starting anew as I set out on a new adventure come Wednesday evening when I fly back to SA. From St. Paul's I went to the National Art Gallery. Again, WOW!! Incredible paintings from famous people like Michelangelo, Van Gogh, Picasso etc....again very much worth seeing. A good day spent in the City of London. Hmm, I think I'm going to miss this place after all...

2 comments:

  1. You are taking so many great memories with you! I wish you a blessed return home, and pray that you will have wisdom, love and sensitivity in abundance as you start your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen, yea I am taking loads of memories back home with me...been a good experience in a hard, sometimes not so pleasant sort of way hehehe...thank you for all your support and encouragement during my time here...a true friend!!!

    ReplyDelete