Thursday 13 August 2009

U can run but U can't hide

Today I am humbled and filled with awe and gratitude!! For some, this will sound like just a coincidence. For others like me, who believe all things happen with a more eternal reason, this will sound like God's hand upon our lives. Today I realised anew that we are all created by Someone bigger than any human, any big bang theory, any evolved being. This Someone does not only create life, but sustains life. This Someone is constantly, actively involved in working every day lives & circumstances together for the good of His plan and purposes. This truth became more real to me today when I realised I left the UK just in time to avoid the Swine flu outbreak, not just in the country but the house I stayed at as well. Then hearing a typhoon hit Taiwan during the month I would have been there has made me realise my life is in God's hands and that no matter how hard you try to run away from the fact that He exists and loves you and has plans for your life, His will prevails and always will. I guess the question for me is, is life just one big gamble where our choices and decisions are considered to be chips which fall where they may, or is there Someone actively and lovingly guiding our steps? Is the fact that I'm alive and healthy just pure luck, or have I just experienced God's ultimate protection?

No comments:

Post a Comment