Wednesday 25 February 2009

A Good Place To Be

I’ve been experiencing a bit of a desert patch in my spiritual walk over the last couple of weeks. Partly because of my questions, confusion (and maybe even anger) to a Loving Father and partly because I have had all my attention, energy and focus invested in something other than my relationship with my Creator. Over the last day or two I have – in a way – and as hard and contrary to my nature as it has been - changed the nature of this particular thing. Along with this has been this constant feeling of having no purpose or a sense of fulfilment in my life at the moment. This morning as I walked to the train station it was as if for the first time, I realised that having explored other religions and looked into them over the last couple of months, my relationship with Jesus Christ is the only thing that really gives me a sense of purpose and fulfilment. And so the question to me from the beginning is being reinforced… is my relationship with Christ enough for me? As an adventurer, a goal-setter, as someone who strives for better and is never happy with ordinary way of life I haven’t been able to say YES!!!! just yet, but I’m getting there. What gives you sense of purpose and fulfilment no matter what happens in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment